Updated: May 13
Saturday through Monday evening.
During the month of May, nine Palestinians were killed in the West Bank and East Jerusalem and fifteen in the Gaza Strip. A Palestinian citizen of Israel was also killed in a confrontation with a Jewish Israeli citizen.
Fatalities in the Gaza Strip
1. Dania Ala' Ata Adas, 19 years old, a resident of the Tuffah neighborhood in Gaza City. She was about to get married in a month. She lived in an apartment above the apartment of Khalil Salah Al-Bahtini, one of the leaders of the Islamic Jihad. The building was bombed in an Israeli air attack. Killed along with her sister.
2. Eman Ala’ Ata Adas, 14 years old, resident of Tuffah neighborhood in Gaza. Was seriously wounded during the air attack on the apartment of Khalil Salah Al-Bahtini. Died of her wounds several hours later.
3. Mayar Tareq Ibarhim Ezzeddin, 11 years old, a resident of the A-Rimel neighborhood in Gaza. She was killed along with her father, a senior member of the Islamic Jihad and her younger brother, during the air attack that targeted their home. Her mother and toddler brother are hospitalized in intensive care in critical condition.
4. Ali Tareq Ibrahim Ezzeddin, 9 years old, son of Tareq Ibarhim Ezzeddin and brother of Mayar. Killed during the air attack along with his father and sister.
5. Tareq Ibarhim Ezzeddin, 49 years old, born in Jenin, from where he was deported to the Gaza Strip. A senior official in the military wing of the Islamic Jihad. A resident of the A-Rimel neighborhood in Gaza. His house was the target of the air attack.
6. Dr. Jamal Saber Mohammad Khaswan, 53 years old, a citizen of Russia and former chairman of the Association of Dentists in the Gaza Strip. Ran a rehabilitation and convalescence center in Gaza.
A resident of the A-Rimel neighborhood. Lived in an apartment above Tareq Ibarhim Ezzeddin. Killed with his wife and son during the air attack.
7. Mervat Saleh Mohammad Khaswan, 45 years old, wife of Dr. Jamal Khaswan. She was killed together with him and their son.
8. Yousef Jamal Saber Khaswan, 19 years old, was killed along with his parents in the apartment above the Tareq Ibarhim Ezzeddin apartment, during the air attack.
9. Jihad Abdul-Hafeth Ghannam, 63 years old, a resident of Rafah. The military secretary of the Islamic Jihad. His house was the target of an airstrike. His wife was killed and his son was seriously injured.
10. Wafa Shadid Ghannam, 50 years old, resident of Rafah. She was killed along with her husband when their home was bombed in an airstrike. Her son was seriously injured.
11. Khalil Salah Al-Bahtini, 44 years old, a senior member of the Islamic Jihad, commander of the northern brigade. A resident of the Tuffah neighborhood in Gaza. His apartment was the target of an airstrike. Killed together with his wife and daughter. Dania Ala' Ata Adas and her sister Eman Ala’ Ata Adas were killed in the nearby apartment.
12. Laila Majdi Mustafa Al-Bahtini, 42 years old, wife of Khalil Salah Al-Bahtini. She was killed along with her husband and their 5-year-old daughter.
13. Hajar Khalil Salah Al-Bahtini, 5 years old, Khalil al-Bahtini's daughter. She was killed in the air attack.
Farewells to the Dead
In the afternoon of May 9, two more Palestinians were killed in an attack by an Israeli aircraft near Khan Yunis. Their names have not yet been released. We'll report as soon as they are published.
The vehicle in which the two were killed in Khan Yunis
Fatalities in Israel
19-year-old Diyar Omari, a resident of Sandela, was shot and killed by an Israeli citizen during a fight. The killer was arrested.
The shooting incident
Arrests and detainees
During the period under review, 50 Palestinians were arrested. The Old City, Jerusalem Al-Quds, 2 (minors); Maghayir al-Abeed 1; Sha'b al Butum 2 (father and son); Sira Checkpoint 2; Al-Aqsa 1; Al Auja 3 (14-year-old minors); Ramallah 1; Ras Karkar 1; Jalazone camp 3; Beit Jala 1; Beit Sahour 1; Shu'fat camp 1; Jabel Mukaber 1; Silwan 1 (10 years old); Burkin 2; Hebron 2; Al Askara 1; Aruj Sharqa 1; Dheisheh camp 5; Kharmela 5; Checkpoint near Nablus 1; Za'tara Checkpoint 1 (journalist); Qalqilya 1; Dora 1; Nablus 1; Ya'bad 1; Al-Bireh 1; Deir Abu Mash'al 1; Hableh 1; Beit Rima 2; Isawiya 2 (a 12-year-old minor).
Left: 15-year-old Amir El-Abassi after he was arrested in the Old City of Jerusalem; Right: A 10-year-old from Silwan detained.
Isawiya, detention of a 12 years old boy
In Jalazone refugee camp
2. Administrative Detentions
‣ Mohamed A. Shafei extension of administrative detention by additional six months.
‣ Khaled Abu Arafa (deported from Ramallah), four months administrative detention.
‣ Kaid Alfasfos - at the end of 2021 he was released from administrative detention after a 131-day hunger strike. Arrested on Sunday and transferred to administrative detention at 6 PM.
A father (61) and his son (35) from Sha'b al Butum, in Masafer Yatta, went out on Saturday to look for lost sheep and arrested. Since then their traces have not been known (as of Monday). The police and the army exchange accusations.
Attacks by the IOF on Palestinians
1. Al-Bireh, Saturday. Clashes near the northern entrance. No injuries were reported.
2. Qaddum (Qalqilya district), Saturday. Confrontations. A 12-year-old boy was injured in his neck by a rubber-coated metal bullet.
3. Al-Yamun (north-west of Jenin), early Sunday morning. Raid and encirclement of a house for the purpose of arresting a wanted person who escaped. Clashes began, including gunfire exchanges.
4. Bayt Ta'mar (east of Bethlehem), Sunday morning. Clashes after the demolition of an elementary school (will be detailed further down).
The Palestinians burned tires and the IOF fired teargas and rubber bullets. Suffocation injuries. The IOF prevented journalists from entering.
5. Nablus, Sunday. A raid on the al-Yasmina neighborhood in the eastern part of the city. Exchange of fire.
Monday - 2 events. The first: a raid on a residence, an arrest, confrontations. In the second event, settlers were on the way to Joseph's Tomb, clashes on Amman Street and in the nearby Balata refugee camp.
Tuesday morning: Raid on the Al Qaryun neighborhood, while students were on their way to school. Special forces raid, reinforcement of additional forces, snipers on the roofs. Arrest of two. Clashes began on the spot. Two wounded by live gunfire were reported, among them a 14-year-old with a chest wound, and 75 with suffocation injuries. A soldier was injured by an improvised explosive device explosion near a military vehicle.
6. Burkin (west of Jenin), Monday. Raid for arrests. Clashes and exchanges of fire.
7. Isawiya (north-east of Jerusalem), clashes with the IOF. The Palestinians throw firecrackers.
8. Al Aroub refugee camp (north-west of Hebron), Monday. Clashes at the entrance of the camp. No injuries were reported.
9. Al-Ram (north of Jerusalem), Tuesday. Prolonged clashes in the town. Suffocation injuries.
10. Hebron, Tuesday. The IOF attacked members of the staff of the Hebron Municipality who arrived at the old municipal building in the Old City (which is under an evacuation order), in order to open an office. After the IOF violently attacked the municipal staff, clashes began on the spot and resulted in multiple suffocation injuries.
Demolitions, Confiscations and Blockades
1. Ma'in (Masafar Yatta, south of Hebron), demolition order for a residential building.
2. Jubbet ad-Dhib (east of Bethlehem, near the village of Beit Ta'amer). The forces arrived at dawn, blocked off the entire area, destroyed Tahadi Elementary School, where about 60 students study, and confiscated all the equipment. It was built with the support of the Palestinian Authority and with the contribution of European organizations about six years ago (after it was demolished in 2017). In 2012, a request for approval of the construction was submitted and was not answered. The current demolition is in response to a petition by the right-wing group Regavim. Clashes started there.
3. Jabel Mukaber (southeast of Jerusalem). Tareq Abidat was forced to destroy his home, having already paid heavy fines to get permission.
4. Al Auja (The Jordan Valley). Demolition of two residences under construction.
5. Al-Jiftlik (The Jordan Valley). Demolition of a guest house.
6. Fasayil (The Jordan Valley). Demolition of a storage shack.
7. Al Fureidis (Bethlehem). Demolition of a car wash facility.
8. Hizma (north of Jerusalem). Demolition of an agricultural nursery.
9. Qalandiya (north of Jerusalem). Demolition order for a concrete wall, demolition of a sheepfold.
10. Closures and restrictions: closure of the city of Jericho for 18 days. closure of the village of Shufa (east of Tulkarem) for a week.
Palestinian attacks on the Occupation Forces (IOF)
1. Jalma checkpoint (northeast of Jenin). Improvised explosive device.
2. Jenin refugee camp. Shooting at a drone that regularly patrols over the camp 24/7.
3. Kafr Ra'i (southwest of Jenin). An improvised explosive device.
4. Mount Gerizim post (near Nablus). An improvised explosive device.
5. Al Mourbaa checkpoint (southwest of Nablus). Gunfire.
6. Beit Ummar (north of Hebron). Shooting at the watch tower at the entrance.
Settlers attacks on Palestinians
Since the beginning of the year, about 5000 olive trees have been vandalized by settlers in 84 acts of vandalism.
1. Kufr al-Dik (west of Salfit). Uprooting 258 olive trees.
2. Maghayir al-Abeed (Masafer Yatta, south of Hebron). four Palestinians injured in a settlers attack. The settlers repeatedly attack Palestinians who come to their land which they legally own. The Civil Administration already confirmed that. But in practice the army prevents access every time the settlers complain. This time the landowner's son was also arrested.
3. Krayot (south of Nablus). A year ago the Supreme Court ruled that land from which the Palestinian owners were evicted, is indeed their property. Nevertheless, settlers attack the farmers, and the army provides security, and participates. Farmers were attacked again this time.
4. Jalud (southeast of Nablus). Settlers attacked 2 farmers and cut the tires of their tractor.
5. Hebron, settlers attacked Palestinian homes.
6. Hamra (The Jordan Valley). Settlers grazed their cows on Palestinians farmers' fields and destroyed the crops.
Palestinian attacks on Settlers
1. Azzun (east of Qalqilya). Three settlers were injured by throwing stones at vehicles. In addition, damage to the car.
2. Huwara (south of Nablus). Throwing stones at vehicles.
3. Beit Ummar (north of Hebron). Throwing stones at buses.
4. Homesh (northwest of Nablus). Gunfire.
1. Saturday, shooting at farmers east of Khan Yunis.
2. Sunday, shooting at fishermen west of Beit Lahia.
3. Monday, shooting at fishermen west of Rafah.
4. Tuesday, an air attack on 3 targets: 2 houses in Gaza - A Tuffah neighborhood, and A-Rimel neighborhood and another one in Rafah, where three senior members of the Islamic Jihad lived. Thirteen dead including four minors (detailed description above), 20 injured including several seriously injured.
In the afternoon, a drone attacked a vehicle near Khan Yunis, the army' claimed that it was a squad on its way to intercept missiles. Two dead, two wounded. All settlements from the Gaza Strip to Beersheba were placed under restrictions due to fear of escalation.
Within the Green Line
1. Gan Ner, a 32-year-old resident of Gan Ner killed 19-year-old Diyar Omari from the nearby village of Sandela. The background to the incident - a confrontation over driving. The shooter was arrested. According to the police, alcohol was found in his blood. Immediately after Diyar Omari's death was announced, demonstrations and protests began in several places.
During the protest in Sandela, clashes began with police officers. Several protesters were injured, as well as two police officers. Three were arrested. The family of the victim declined a president's visit.
2. Tel Aviv, near the Azrieli Mall, a group of Israelis attacked a young Arab man from Jaffa, and injure him, just because he spoke Arabic. He was taken to the hospital for medical treatment.
3. Safed, a group of Israelis brutally attacked two Druze security guards just because they spoke Arabic. Two were arrested. They claimed they were drunk. The security guards were in a mild and moderate condition and were taken to the hospital.
4. Hanan Abu-Hit, 24 years old, mother of a five-years-old son, was shot and killed near her car. She is the 73rd victim since the beginning of the year in the Arab society.